Thursday, October 29, 2009

..just reminder for Sammi

Ahhh the celebrations!
The good old date that comes around once a year when you get all the attention you want.. when you have the right to say to someone 'Shutup, dont be mean to me.. its my birthday!' or 'Hey! can you go get me a drink!? Its my birthday!..', 'I'm not emptying the dishwasher.. its my birthday!'.. and so the list goes on.
and on.
and on.. :)

Having said that.. It's one of my best friends 20th birthday today!.. Miss Samantha Maree McIver.. Which got me thinking.. along the lines of.. why do YOU (the birthday person) get so excited about YOUR birthday.. Birthdays are a celebration of the birth of someone.. WE (the non birthday people) should be the ones getting flipping excited because we scored having that person in our lives!.. and for me.. today thats how im feeling.. ridiculously excited to have a best friend like Sammi..

I've lost a few friends along the way. Being in a loss of contact/growing apart sort of way as well as loosing someone, forever, in a physical prescence kind of way.. And although they don't really compare.. Both of them arent fun.. and thinking about that makes me SOOOO ridiculously greatful for the ones I do have.. Sam being one of them!!

It just looks so lame when you read it.. if only i could explain it better.. maybe my point would get across..

I am so excited today about this spunks birthday!.. Because it just reinforces how flipping lucky I am to have amazing people like her just a phone call away. She is such an encouraging, loving, stong, obedient, stunning, amazing, kind, caring, fun and BEAUTIFUL person with the most amazingly big heart. She has been there for me in some of the hardest times in my life and I will FOREVER be SO greatful for that.

I think my lesson for today is to make sure people like this, know how much I love them.. coz life is unpredictable.. and maybe one day it will be too late to let them know.. (I'm not meaning to say that in a morbid kind of way, haha..)

Happy Birthday Sammi. I cant even explain how much you mean to me.
YOUR THE BEST.
YOUR THE BEST! :D
Lets spend so many spontaneous nights and crazy mornings together! until forever. I love you woman! :)


Thats all for now..
xx

Blog Archive