Monday, June 14, 2010

Flopping hormones..

Yes. Hormones.
Those wonderful little critters that sprint around our bodies causing us to be perfectly sane and together one moment, and then the next be in tears questioning your own personal sanity and other such topics.

I'm not a wizz when it comes to understanding the body but I just figured out how to decode what the heck happens to me when I find myself alone.

First of all I recognize that I am alone. Genius. But not great.
Secondly, the realization of being alone somehow makes my mind go wild and let thoughts wander, that I previously would have been able to ignore due to human interaction.
Which then leads to over analyzing those thoughts and finally throws me into an emo-coma.. GREAT!!

Now how do I get myself out of this?
Easy fixed.
Sit in silence.
Let those tears flow right on out.
Have a bit of a sob into the pillow.
Lie on a bed perfectly still.
Staring at the roof, grab your ipod.
Listen to some sweet tunes preferably by Alexi Murdoch or even City & Colour.
and. fall. asleep.

Plan. Great.

But these feelings don't have a place in this otherwise busy world.
Things to do. People to save. Futures to plan. Fun to have. Songs to sing. Smiles to be had

Thus, I must say: "Hormones, your actions and their consequenses eventually provide for interesting conversations, however, in this moment.. I unfortunately do not appreciate your existence on this earth. All the best for your future endeavors. Hollie soon-to-be-not-so-emotional Agnew"

Blog Archive